Career Planning Services
Other Student Services
Special Programs and Services
Special Programs and Services
Services for Students with Disabilities
Educational support services are provided through the Auxiliary Aids Program within the Office of Services for Students With Disabilities.
As appropriate, the following services can be provided upon receipt of documentation of a student’s disability.
- Testing Accommodations
- Adaptive Equipment/Software
- Enlarged or Brailled Instruction Material
- CLAS Waivers or Special Accommodations
- Course Substitutions
- Voter Registration
Any student with a disability requesting assistance may contact the Office of Services for Students With Disabilities on the appropriate campus.
- North Campus and Nassau Center — (904) 766-6784 Voice and TDD
- Downtown Campus, Urban Resource Center and Open Campus — (904) 633-8488 Voice and TDD
- Kent Campus — (904) 381-3500 Voice and TDD
- South Campus and Deerwood Center — (904) 646-2191 Voice and TDD
- Director of Services for Students with Disabilities — (904) 632-5007
Independent Living for Adult Blind (ILAB)
ILAB is an instructional program for adults who have vision loss to a degree that they experience some difficulty in their daily activities. Through guidance and specialized training offered through the ILAB program, individuals learn necessary skills for work and independence in their home and community. Training is offered at no cost to individuals. Eligibility is determined by the State Division of Blind Services. Learn more about ILAB .
Rosanne R. Hartwell Women’s Center
The Rosanne R. Hartwell Women’s Center has been helping women succeed personally and professionally since 1974. The Women’s Center is located in Suite E-100 at South Campus, 11901 Beach Blvd. All programs area available to members of the community as well as Florida Coast Career Tech students. Most programs are free.
Women’s Center programs include:
- The Challenge Program for Displaced Homemakers
- The Mid–Life Career Review
- The Women’s Information Exchange
- Career Fairs
- Women’s Personal Growth Groups
- Portfolio Newsletter
- The Rosanne R. Hartwell Women’s Center Calendar
- Free Workshops
- Wise Woman Events
For information on all Women’s Center programs, call (904) 633-8311 or view the Women’s Center’s Web site.
Programs for College Bound Middle and High School Students
College Reach Out Program (CROP) is an early intervention program, focusing on students in grades 6 thru 9. Call (904) 633-8179 or (904) 632-3175 for additional details.
Gaining Resources and Developing Skills (GRADS) is a year–round program for rising juniors and seniors. Call (904) 633-8273 or (904) 632-3175 for additional details.
Format for Affecting Minority Enrollment (FAME) is a college orientation program for 10th thru 12th grade students. Call (904) 632-3175 for additional details.
Upward Bound is a year–round program for 9th thru 12th grade students in the Nassau County schools. Call (904) 766-4446 for additional details.