Javascript is currently not supported, or is disabled by this browser. Please enable Javascript for full functionality.

Skip to Main Content
Florida Coast Career Tech    
2010-2011 Catalog [Aug. 2010-Aug. 2011] 
  Nov 29, 2022
2010-2011 Catalog [Aug. 2010-Aug. 2011] [Archived Catalog]


General Admissions Eligibility 
Enrollment and Registration Procedures 
Tuition and Fees 
Financial Aid 
Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

The most frequently asked questions about Florida Coast Career Tech are are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week with Just Ask. This convenient feature, located at the top of the page, allows you to ask questions or browse the list of the top 10 most frequently asked questions.


I attended workforce classes at Florida Community College at Jacksonville or Florida Coast Career Tech in the past. Do I need to complete another application for admission?

If it has been more than 12 consecutive months since you have been enrolled in classes you will need update your records by completing a Readmission Application (PDF).

What is the difference between degree seeking and non–degree seeking?

Degree seeking students want to obtain a degree. Non–degree seeking students are not trying to earn a degree. They may be taking classes for work advancement, to transfer credit back to another college, or for personal enrichment.

I will graduate from high school in late May; can I register as a Dual Enrollment student for the summer term, which begins in early May?

You will be ineligible for Dual Enrollment for this term because the credits will not apply toward your high school diploma prior to your graduation.


Where do I have my transcripts from another institution sent?

Have them sent to: Student Records Office, Florida Coast Career Tech, P.O. Box 40515, Jacksonville, FL 32203-0515.

How do I get my Florida Coast Career Tech official transcript?

We have many convenient ways for you to request your academic transcript (and it’s always free).

  1. Request Your Transcript Online
    If you want to send an official transcript to another school, to your home address, or to any other address, you can log on to Connections and make your request online.

  2. Mail Us a Written Request
    In requesting your transcripts, you must always include: your full name, former last names, current address, telephone number, your date of birth and dates of enrollment; as well as the name and address of the agency or person who will be receiving your transcripts, and finally, your signature. For faster processing, you may include your social security number. Mail Your Request to Florida Coast Career Tech, Attention: Student Records Office, P.O. Box 40515, Jacksonville, FL 32203-0515.

  3. Fax a Written Request
    Fax your request to (904) 633-8304, and include all the information mentioned above for a mailed request.

  4. Complete a Request Form on Campus
    You can pick up and complete a request form at any campus enrollment services office. At South, Downtown, Kent, North and Deerwood the transcript is printed in the business office. At all other locations, the signed request form is sent to the Student Records office for processing. A photo ID is required when picking up transcripts.

  5. Just Need an Unofficial Transcript?
    You can get an unofficial transcript through Connections.

Allow three working days for your transcript request to be processed and mailed via US postal mail or electronically. Transcripts are sent electronically to Florida public community colleges, state colleges and universities. Receipt date of the transcript at the receiving institution is dependent upon the time in which the school checks their electronic mailbox. Electronic transmission can take from one to seven days.

For your privacy and protection, we do not fax transcripts.

No transcript request will be processed until all financial obligations to the college are clear. Certain holds prevent transcript request from being processed.

Financial Aid

Where do I go for information on financial aid?

Information on financial aid can be obtained in any campus enrollment services office.

Does Florida Coast Career Tech provide scholarships for students?

Yes, visit the Florida Coast Career Tech scholarships Web page or contact the enrollment services office on the campus you plan to attend.


When is class registration?

Refer to the dates listed in the class schedule, which is available online.

May I register if I haven’t gotten my transcripts from another institution/high school/Navy/etc.?

It’s not a problem, if it’s your first term enrolling. But if they are not received by the end of the term, you cannot register for subsequent terms. In this case, you will be notified and will need to continue to follow–up until all of your transcripts have been received. You may not qualify for financial aid, however, until all transcripts are received and evaluated.

May I register at one campus for classes at another campus?

Yes! You can also register online through Connections. If you have questions about registration you can visit the enrollment services office at the campus of your choice or contact the Welcome Center at (904) 353-9675.

When is the last day to register?

Check with the campus enrollment services office.

When does the term start and end?

Refer to the Academic Calendar .

How can I get an application?

You can apply online or download an application from the Welcome Center.

Distance Learning

What is distance learning?

Distance learning includes courses which you take online.

How do I register for a distance learning class?

You can register for distance learning classes online through Connections.

Where do I get my books?

Textbooks are available at any campus bookstore or can be ordered online.

Where do I take my exams?

Most online classes feature exams online. Some online classes require you to come to campus or an approved test location for testing. Details will be covered by your instructor.

Tuition and Fees

How long do you have to live in Florida to be considered a resident?

You must live in Florida 12 consecutive months prior to the first day of classes to qualify as a resident.

If my spouse is in the military, do I qualify for in–state tuition and fees?

If your spouse is stationed in Florida on active duty, you and your dependents qualify for in–state tuition and fees.

Drops and Cancellations

How do I drop a class in order to obtain a refund?

The easiest way to drop a class is online. You may also drop courses on campus. All drops must be completed by the drop deadline.

When will I get my refund?

You will receive your refund within four to six weeks. Checks are not processed until after the drop deadline. If you paid with a charge card, your card will be credited, otherwise you will receive a check.

When is the last day to drop a class?

Refer to the Academic Calendar  listed in the catalog.

My class was cancelled. How do I get my refund?

Refunds are mailed automatically unless you register for another class in its place.


How much do books cost?

Books vary in price, but $35 per credit hour is a good benchmark.

When does the bookstore buy back books? 

This varies from term to term; check with the bookstore.


Is there a parking fee?

Yes, there is a parking fee included with your tuition and fees. If you do not use the Florida Coast Career Tech parking facilities at any campus or center, you should obtain a parking fee waiver at any enrollment services office prior to registering for classes.


Who can I contact if I don’t know what to do to resolve a problem?

Contact a counselor or advisor within the campus enrollment services office or call the Welcome Center at (904) 353-9675.  


What must I do when I am ready to graduate?

  1. Be registered in your last remaining classes.
  2. Go to Connections.
  3. Sign on “Online Student Services.”
  4. Under the section “My Academic History” select degree audit.
  5. Choose the “degree audit” option at bottom of the screen.
  6. View your degree audit and check your “Graduation Status Messages.”
  7. If there are outstanding requirements listed, see your academic advisor for assistance.
  8. If your “Graduation Status Messages” states that you are ready to graduate, your degree will automatically be awarded and reflected on the transcript five days AFTER the term ends. (For the fall term, degree messages will be placed on the transcript during the first week of January.)

When will I receive my diploma?

Diplomas are mailed to students who have graduated within six weeks after final graduation.

What are some holds that may keep me from graduating?

  • Financial hold.
  • High school transcript or external college transcript not received.
  • “I” grades.
  • GPA less than 2.0.

Students who Currently Have an Associate Degree or Higher

How long does the transcript evaluation process take? Can I take any courses while waiting for those results?

Once you enroll in your first set of classes the transcript evaluation process will begin. We will evaluate your transcripts as they are received and you will be notified by mail when each evaluation is completed. You can start taking classes prior to the completion of your transcript evaluation.